Sunday, February 5, 2012

Our Love story


    Who knew that all it took to lose my
   heart would be a plate of cookies.

   When I first moved up to Illinois from South Carolina I was very lonely and depressed. To help pass the time I would bake. I baked breads, cakes, cookies, bars... anything you could possibly bake. I would bake so often and so much that I would have to give the baked goods away. I would bring the baked goods to class, to work, and give them to the RA's at the dorms where I was staying. I'm not sure how it happened but it became tradition for me to bake a plate of desserts for new RAs.


  When I heard there was going to be a new RA I automatically made a plate of cookies to give as a welcome gift. I didn't know when the new RA was starting so I just left the plate with one of the RA's in the office. A few days passed and I completely forgot about the new guy. One day some friends of mine and I were eating lunch in the cafeteria when I saw one of the RA's I know selling popcorn for a fundraiser. I went to talk to him and was introduced to the new RA, Dan.

  The first thought that went through my mind when I first met him was, "Man, this guy is really cute". I wanted to stay and chat but my friends and I had to get back to class. After school was finished for the day I was really bored so I decided to go hand out in the club house by the dorms until the even that would be held that night. As fate would have it Daniel was working the office. :)

  You know that feeling you get when you meet someone and you know you will be close for forever?? That's the feeling I got as I sat talking with Daniel.We ended up talking until the event at the dorms, we talked during the event, we went to dinner after the event, and we spent the rest of the night talking. We have been inseparable ever since.

  He is my best friend and my better half. He has helped me through so many hard times. I couldn't imagine a better man to spend the rest of my time with.


Daniel graduating from college. Me pinning him. :)
We had been together almost 3 years
I was 3 months pregnant. We visited Chicago. This was taken outside of the Shedd Aquarium

39 weeks pregnant. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment