Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Hayden's 1st Easter pt 1

   WOW!! What an eventful weekend!! :D It was just the trip the Meyer family needed. We went to go visit my mom's side of the family in Columbus, Ohio for the weekend so Hayden could meet his extended family. It's really funny because when we first started planning this trip I just told Daniel to pick a weekend in April and take it off. I didn't care which weekend it was. So he took one weekend off and told me which one it was and I arranged my schedule to have the Sunday off. About 3 weeks later I found out it was Easter weekend. How perfect was that?? :D So Hayden got to spend his first Easter with family. :)

  We left LATE Thursday, almost Friday. And got to my Aunt's and Uncle's house on Friday. We stayed at a hotel so we could split our trip into two because we simply couldn't make it all in one trip. We were just too tired. We got a king bed. And we all loved it. Even Hayden. The little stinker slept all night and I even had to wake him up at 1000 when he is normally awake at 0700.

That little stinker had the whole bed to himself. Do you think he enjoyed it??
Someone woke up in a happy mood. :D
Mommy giving Haddy kisses. I love the look on his face. :) LOL

Our handsome fella!!
      We stopped for lunch at White Castle. The same White Castle we stop at every time we go to SC. Of course Hayden thought he was a big boy and wanted to sit in a seat all by himself. lol
He did great!! Not one wobble! :)
   We got lost going through Indianapolis (anyone who travels with me knows that when I travel I always get lost!) but the plus side is we got to see the Motor Speedway!! :D How cool is that??


   Hayden did GREAT in the car!! He slept most of way but played really great the time he didn't sleep. We ended up making it to my Aunt's a little after 3pm EST and poor Hayden had fallen back to sleep not 20 min before we got there. He woke up as we were walking inside and I think he got a little overwhelmed by all of the attention because down came the big crocodile tears! Especially when Aunt Myrtle came near him. LOL But he quickly warmed up to her after she brought out some toys. :)



   Hayden LOVED Uncle Greg when he first met him. Uncle Greg walked in and Hayden grinned from ear to ear and even giggled at him. That never happens. He never giggles at someone new but he giggled at Uncle Greg. :D
  We went out to dinner at a restaurant named Piada for dinner. We met my cousin and her husband and their girls. Piada is Italian Street Food. It's like a Chipotle or Moe's but with Italian food. YUM-O!!
Kelly feeding Hayden so Daniel and I can actually eat a meal together... at the same time. :)
Hayden was getting in his iron for the day. LOL
The tray made a good drum. :D
He was talking to me.






    After dinner we went back to my Aunt and Uncle's house and just hung out and talked. Uncle Greg brought out his guitar and sang to Hayden. :) It was so cute. Hayden was just playing and he kept turning around and looking at Uncle Greg and smiling to let him know he was still listening. After Uncle Greg was done playing he let Hayden play the guitar and boy did Hayden have fun!!
Uncle Greg teaching Haddy how to strum the strings.
Hayden christening the guitar. LOL Love the action
Strumming the strings all by himself



"Look at me Daddy!!"
Listening to Uncle Greg sing. He kept creeping closer and closer.
"These are strings"
Uncle Greg singing
LOL Love Uncle Greg's face!!

My favorite!
"Look at me Mom!!"

   
    Over all it was a great first day on our vacation!! I am so excited to see what Day 2 holds!!



No comments:

Post a Comment